ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations on what works and what not?
I am planning on 24x12x3 Spearco intercooler and a full TO4B from turbonetics, plannig on Super H3 but considering other options. I want them to be good enough for 450hp at least.

Any personal experience?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
529 Posts
Re: Gettin new (and bigger)I/C and Turbo any recom

Turbonetics should be able to recomend a turbo to meet your needs. BTW, my 240turbo just ran a 13.38 @ 107.1 w/the stock T3. Can't wait to get that upgrade. Good luck!!!

Ian

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
my 2 cents

The spearco that size will run you close to $800. Bell Engineering sells a 27x10x3 unit with top and bottom tanks for $500. This is a very impressive unit and will easily handle 600hp. If you are going with the full TO4B turbo, the 'SuperH' compressor wheel and an O-trim turbine wheel with a .81 a/r housing should do the trick to produce 450hp and still provide nice boost response. You might want to look into the TO4E turbo's, they offer a more aggressive design, but have slight larger compressor housing that require the turbo to be shimmed off the manifold so the compressor housing doesn't hit the exhaust manifold. Good luck.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: my 2 cents

do they have a web site?
I will try them first of course!
he is my mentor (Corky Bell)
wrote the book I love so much
I was also thinking of getting their FPR
so maybe they can give me a package deal

thanks!

carlos

> The spearco that size will run you close to
> $800. Bell Engineering sells a 27x10x3 unit
> with top and bottom tanks for $500. This is
> a very impressive unit and will easily
> handle 600hp. If you are going with the full
> TO4B turbo, the 'SuperH' compressor wheel
> and an O-trim turbine wheel with a .81 a/r
> housing should do the trick to produce 450hp
> and still provide nice boost response. You
> might want to look into the TO4E turbo's,
> they offer a more aggressive design, but
> have slight larger compressor housing that
> require the turbo to be shimmed off the
> manifold so the compressor housing doesn't
> hit the exhaust manifold. Good luck.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
My biased opinion

Carlos you too have been bitten by the bug 240turbo has some good advice, and he has gone through quite a few upgrades . I personally bought his old T04E-57MM with .63A/R . It should be arriving in a few weeks . 240turbo has spent quite a bit of cash on his Z, but still knows how to get the most bang for the buck . The T04E I bought from flows 400 to 450 hp, and has a low surge line . This is good on a bigger turbo because at low RPM turbulence can occur, and can put unwanted stress on turbo . It also has a wide range of good effeciency . The T04E was originally for diesel trucks to give maximum power output over entire flow range . I expect high twelves with a starion intercooler and FPR. I have never been in a car that fast . Get 20+MPG, run circles around em . I am sure I will be smiling from ear to ear when I eat my first big block . I thank you Carlos for your info over the last year, it was your advice that made me buy the turbo motor for my 78 in the first place .

·
Registered
75 Posts
http://www.bellengineering.net/

> do they have a web site?

<A HREF=http://www.bellengineering.net>http://www.bellengineering.net</A>/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.