ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I want to remove my clock and install, say, an oil temp gauge, will the standard types of gauges fit in the same hole as the clock and will it be a good fit?

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
Hi Willy, you could get the temp setup out of the turbo application, and then you could have temp/oil pressure also. The wiring is not that hard to do.
In answer to your question, yes the standard 2 1/4" gauge will fit in the holes. If you have the digital clock then you can easily replace it and make a bracket to fit exactly. On the other gauge holes you can removethe lower part of the hole, make it round and fit the 2 1/4" gauge there also. I would suggest fitting the gauges from the rear of the panel and not try to cut the hole and push the gauge in from the front, because it will hit the plastic window and look like crap. I have changed both of my gauges the boost and the oil temp/pressure gauges. I got the peaco oil pressure/temp gauge and that was a hard install because it is a 2 1/8" gauge so I had to really fiddle with it to make it center and stay in place.
anyway hope that helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.