ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why I would have a "gasoline" smell inside the vehicle? I just replaced a bunch o vacum hoses cause it was blowing hot air, and only coming out the defroster... Now that I changed them the A/C is blowing cold and coming out of the "other" vents like it is supposed to. I am concerned about the smell though. It also seems like the drip that is coming of of the (condenser?) has a sheen to it, and copius amounts of water, compared to other cars... Does anyone have a clue?

Lastly, whoever posted that "tip" about "sleeving" olde vacum hoses, with ones of a larger diameter; instead of using those plastic adapters helped me out tremendously. Thanks a bunch! Got'R done.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Look for injector leaks and leaks from other parts of the fuel system at the front.
Now that you are pulling interior air from the back edge of the hood/bonnet you are more likely to notice a fuel leak.
The water drip inside may be a due to a blocked evaporator drain hose.
The condensor is at the front of the car, in front of the radiator.

·
Registered
248 Posts
did you have the fuel injector recall done? I bet the injectors are leaking if it wasn't done

·
Registered
30 Posts
What ever you do STOP driving it! You risk burning out the entire engine compartment! Been ther done that! KKing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.