ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. i found out that gas is leaking from rear carb(late SUs) today. since i smell gas everytime i drive and even when the engine is off,(ignition key turned) i open the hood and turned the ingnition key(just turning the key,not running the engine). after about 5 minutes, it started to smell. so i looked over the engine. but no leaking. so to check the carbs i opened the intake and there was a gasoline pool. and found out that gasoline is leaking from the rear carb. i don't know where it is leaking but if it is in intake i think gas is leaking out from the mouth of the carb. i am new to cabs so i am not sure. does anyone know the situation my carb is in? thanx

hiromi

·
Registered
320 Posts
sounds like stuck float....not cutting off gas flow to carb...i'd check that ..i would not drive the car witha gas leak..the rear carb will leak down on to the ehaust pipe...too dangerous to be driving it that way....remove the rear float and check to see if its closing off..and adjusted correctly...you should find info on how to do this in the archives here on zcar.com...look under float adjustments....be careful good luck michele

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Mizhele is probably right on his diagnoses, i had the same problem last summer. It was actually the needle valve, it can be removed an cleaned if they are the brass points, if they are the ones with the little rubber piece then probably needs to be replaced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.