ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I fill my car up with gas, I have a few problems. For one, there is a leak somewhere between the gas door and the tank. Is there any place I should look inparticular. Also, I have a locking gas cap that is missing the rubber gaskets and it doesn't lock anymore. Therefore it has a real loose fit. Could this cause a loss in gas. Also, I think the gas gauge is going. I will drive the car and it will read half a tank. Then I stop the car and start it up about half an hour later and it reads 1/8 of a tank. Plus, the pump cuts off before the tank is full. I have never seen my gauge read full. Any enlightenment on my problems would be awesome.

·
Registered
158 Posts
>>> there is a leak somewhere between the gas door and the tank.

You can look under and around your gas tank or along the lines. If you see any wet spots, then that should be it. I just found my leak on the gas tank. All I did was spray it off w/ simple green (any auto store), washed it away w/water, then covered it ( Grand Auto sells a gas tank leak stopper for like $3)
>>> gas gauge

You should check for loose connections. Mine was on the gas tank. Mine also did the same things. After a full tank whether I go up the street or go 50 miles it would drop to 3/4. And up to now sometimes it drops all the way to empty. Just play w/ the wires and it'll fix.

Hope I was of any help.
Wes

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.