ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting a gas smell, and it isnt me......when I kick on the vents. I know its under the hood somewhere, but can you guys tell me which hoses might be the most common for this problem. I've tried looking the when the smell IS there, then its so intense, it seems like its coming from everywhere. Thanks

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
Wouldn't drive your car or smoke any near your car until you at least tighten a few clamps.

·
Registered
673 Posts
thats all that needed to be done to mine, just tighten the clamps... but when i fixed one, it'd spring up in another place! fix that, spring up in another place.... so check them GOOD!!! =) happy leak hunting!

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
Might be a good time to replace that fuel filter and the two lines connecting that as well.

·
Registered
408 Posts
i just recently made a post about the same problem..but found out it was comeing from the fuel filter area..i jsuat tightened some clamps and it worked for a little while but now the return of that **** smell..i have no clue where its coming from now. so next day off i am goin to pick up the fuel filter and the two lines off of the filter, and see what that does for me. if that doesnt work ill start replacing all of them. probably no help but jsut start tightening some clamps for now and check it out for leaks like others said

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Whe I got "the smell" last year it was my fuel pressure regualtor. I just went ahead and ordered a new FPR, filter, and damper all at once to eliminate any other near-future problems.

·
Registered
506 Posts
most of the time, u fix it and it comes back, i would suggest getting some loctite and some new clamps

clamp them down good with some loctite and it should be set to go, no more getting loose

if that doesn't help, replace the hoses themselves, yes there are a lot

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
Generally it's not the clamp coming loose -- it's more about the clamp being at the limits and hose being old. Best fix if you can't pevent the leaks by tightening is to replace the hoses and clamps. This is one of those issues that really needs attention from a safety standpoint.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.