> lowering springs

·
Registered
195 Posts
> BOGE, TOKICO,KYB or ????
> which is the way to go for
> great handling. Possibly w / 1+
> lowering springs

I have the KYBs on mine, and they got rid of a lot of the squatting that the Z's are famous for, under hard acceleration. The car rides great on the highway, and is extremly smooth at 70 to 100 miles per hour.

They are a little stiffer than most, but if your going to get owering springs, you don't much care for GREAT ride quality anyways. They are rough struts if your cruising around on bad roads, the about break your neck. But on smooth roads, and out of the hole, at full throttle, they are the best I've seen.

Chris Behney
Redline Autosports

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
> I have the KYBs on mine, and they got rid of
> a lot of the squatting that the Z's are
> famous for, under hard acceleration. The car
> rides great on the highway, and is extremly
> smooth at 70 to 100 miles per hour.

> They are a little stiffer than most, but if
> your going to get owering springs, you don't
> much care for GREAT ride quality anyways.
> They are rough struts if your cruising
> around on bad roads, the about break your
> neck. But on smooth roads, and out of the
> hole, at full throttle, they are the best
> I've seen.

> Chris Behney
> Redline Autosports

I put KYB's in mine with Nissan European springs. It rides great on the highway but I also think it rides pretty well on everyday roads, even rough ones. I takes almost any bumps nicely. My friend took me for a ride in his Plymouth Prowler, i think my Z rides like a limo compared to that.
Charlie

·
Registered
108 Posts
Prowler??

> bumps nicely. My friend took me for a ride
> in his Plymouth Prowler, i think my Z rides
> like a limo compared to that.
> Charlie

Hey now...you can't drop that anecdote without expounding on it!

Give us the full first hand experience about riding in a Prowler!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
> BOGE, TOKICO,KYB or ????
> which is the way to go for
> great handling. Possibly w / 1+
> lowering springs
KYB's work great on a Z with Eibachs, Boge Gas Struts are reboxed Gabriel or Monroe Struts. I don't have any experience with Tokico .

·
Registered
197 Posts
Re: Prowler??

> Hey now...you can't drop that anecdote
> without expounding on it!

> Give us the full first hand experience about
> riding in a Prowler!
The Prowler is a very cool looking vehicle, both inside and out. It feels pretty quick, but I found the ride to be stiff with a lot of cowl shake. If you want to attract attention you cant beat it (at about $55k). My 77 280Z is getting a fresh zx turbo engine and I suspect it will be able to kick the Prowlers ass and still garners a lot of looks. Remember Z power.
Charlie

·
Registered
195 Posts
Re: Prowler??

> Hey now...you can't drop that anecdote
> without expounding on it!

> Give us the full first hand experience about
> riding in a Prowler!

Me and a buddy of mine, were driving down Hulen Street in Ft. Worth, last September and we came up on one of these slick rides. We were in my Z, so of course I had to pump it off at the 40 year old man in the driver seat. It was purple, 20 inch rims in the back, and 17's up front. The guy caught me staring, and immediatly racked off his pipes at me. Well, it was on from there. We pulled side by side at the next light, fully expecting to see this guys taillights. Well, when the light turned green, the Prowler was nothing but SLOW. I walked on him bad, but when he pulled up next to me again, I just had to smile, and tell him what a great looking car he had. I asked him to tell me about it, and we pulled over.

I was VERY VERY suprised to see a V-6 under the hood. The hood is huge, like a Viper, I expected a beasty V-8. He said that they only make about 235 horsepower, and have a lethargic 0-60 time. He shook my hand, and said he better get home to his wife, before she took his new toy away from him, and we went down the road together, cathing every passer-by's glance.

The car's look great, are extremly tasteful in design, and seem to be a fun cruiser. He said they just about beat you to death around town, because the ride is very stiff. The highway isn't much better according to the owner. The 20 inch wheels are nothing to shun at either. They are absolutly massive. Tires must require the donation of a kidney. Judging by the +$50,000 price tag, Dodge must be EXTREMLY proud of these cars. For the 55,000 this guy paid, I think I would be pretty dissapointed that it didn't have any more get up and go. But hey, when you look that good, I guess the slower you go, the more people that can see you.

Chris Behney
Redline Autosports

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.