ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does the 72 have a gas overflow. ie if you over fill it does it poor out about a half a gallon or less. also is there suppose to be a vacuum when you open the gas cap?

·
Registered
957 Posts
Hmmmm you kinda lost me on the overfill but I think if you are seeing some gas coming from the top back of your tank then it really isnt an overfill but your hose to your carbon canister is still probably factory original (like mine) and has dried out and is leaking....

As far as the vacuum as far as I know that is a good sign......

Z ya later
Mike K

·
Registered
465 Posts
i know on my 73 (production date of 10-72) there is a hole near the top of the filler neck so if you fill the tank too full or if you twist the gass nozel just right it comes out and runs down the inside of the rear fender and drips on the ground. I dont know if that is suposed to be open or if it is supposed to have a hose on it to somewhere. If you bend you neck and look from the bottom you can see where the hose is supposed to come off.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The 72 has an overflow tank behind the filler hole and you can access it by removing the interior rear quarter panel. Perhaps a hose is missing, plugged or just not there?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.