ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Add 3 oz of acetone, to 10 gallons of gas. NO MORE.
Will not hurt engine, or any of the fuel system. This will increase your MPG by 20-35%. It also will lower youre hydrocarbons by up to 60%. Acetone combined with fuel, makes the fuel atomize differently, resulting in a completly burned mixture. This also helps in keeping oil clean. as no unburned gas will seep past rings, and mix with the oil.

Here is some reading if you dont believe me.
http://pesn.com/2005/03/17/6900069_Acetone/

Google it, and study it a bit more.

Plus there is a boost in performance. Now that ALL of the fuel is being burned, there is increased energy, which results in more power.

·
Registered
50 Posts
hmm wow i just read that whole article and i might have to try it...very cool

·
Registered
724 Posts
If we put 6 ounces in will we get naplam? LOL

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
thats been talked about on the site before. If ya read the fine print it does say something about eating away at your fuel lines and things. I wouldnt use it extensively but for short time i would role with it.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Zrunner - in the article mentioned you will find this:

"I have soaked carburetor parts in acetone for months and even years to see if there is any deterioration. Any parts made to run with gasoline will work with acetone just fine. I presently have parts soaking in 1, 2, 5, and 10 % acetone/gasoline mixes as well as just gasoline. That is 20 to 200 times too much just to be sure."

88 - if you try it let us know if you notice any difference. I have some acetone in the house already so I may give it a try next time I fill up!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Nay palm

What I meant to say is that gas and petroleum jelly might yield something like nay palm. Apparently it not only has to burn well, but be a bit sticky to be soo very effective. Just a wilde guess though...

I read that page on adding acetone, and I wonder which kind of clear small 2oz., non-glass bottle I could find on the shelves of my local auto parts store? Otherwise an opaque used "fuel treatment" bottle should stand in well.

I still am not clear as to whether "homey depot" grade acetone is okay to use...

·
Registered
82 Posts
just a side note on the napalm piece...you can use dish soap which works well instead of petroleum jelly. i had a friend that did it.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
As for storing acetone, it does not have to be an exotic container. Look at the quality of the acetone-based nail polish remover bottles, nothing fancy going on there.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I've used it in an '87 na for about a year at around 3 0z per 10 G. Got around a 12% mpg gain.

You will get more power...not a lot but noticable...problem being that you won't see any mpg gains if you use a lead foot.

Walmart sells a Tips Be Gone bottle of acetone with a flip top cap..mark the side in oz...and put in the right amount...not that easy to maintain the 3oz level.

Might take a few tanks to see much diff...might have to reset the ECU.

·
Registered
216 Posts
will adding acetone to the fuel affect the turbo?

·
Registered
958 Posts
So does it matter what type of gasoline I use? What gas station? I think in the article he says that he ONLY uses Texaco. Should I only use texaco? Not sure exactly what he was saying.

·
Registered
216 Posts
so if i fill up my tank (19 gals) should i put 6 ozs or like 5 ozs? cuz it says 3 ozs per 10 gals

·
Registered
958 Posts
I just went to Walgreens and Target. At both places there were things that said "100% Acetone". Then I'd look at the ingredients and there were 2 or 3 other ingredients. Do you think that it's ok for those ingredients to be there? Has anyone found a place that has 100% acetone?

·
Registered
281 Posts
How many ounces in that $11.00 bottle?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.