ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what kind of gas milage everyone gets with there 300ZX. I drive a '86 n/a and did the math. im getting 16.7 MPG. I dunno, seems a bit low to me. I don't run around flooring it at every red light or anything. I thought most 300ZX's got about 20 MPG. Anyone know a pretty accurate estimate of what they get?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I get about what you get, and I drive the piss out of my Z with a plugged exhaust, bad 02 sensor, and a major air intake leak.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Yeah I drive the **** out of my car and get a steady 18-22mpg on average.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wtf. man. that is so messed. I was thinkin about putting that acetone in my gas. might be pretty good. Still looking for input. anyone?

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
are these Turbo cars? I know you have an 84 AE AZ. So does your AE get 22 in town?

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
For anyone getting bad milage try getting the water thermostat checked... I noticed slightly better milage getting a new one chucked in.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Mine is an 84 auto n/a with some mods, see sig, and in town I get 17-20 depending on how hard I drive and on the freeway I get 28-30 depending on how hard I drive or how hilly the road is. As for the A/C I don't use it period but I would think having the a/c on would hurt gas mileage by a good amount.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
AC cuts power fairly dramatically. Just drive in your car first gear like 8 MPH and turn your ac on and off and you will feel the car jump and such. It probably makes a big difference.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
es3 wrote:

> are these Turbo cars? I know you have an 84 AE AZ. So does your
> AE get 22 in town?
>

No. Those were both my NAs. The AE got abotu 18 in town and about 24 on the freeway.

But I tended to have a heavy foot with that car.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I NEVER drive with the AC on, that could be your problem.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.