ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 1986 na... the gas gauge works fine but it isnt accurate... the other day it was reading a quarter tank so i went to the gas station and filled it up... it only took just under 10 gallons when it should have taken close to 14. today i let it go to empty with only 200 mile on that tank of gas and i saw taht the 1/4 to empty gauge works... what do yall think that the problem could be? i think it might be the fuel sending unit.

thanks
zelotic

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
yep...you can either take it out and clean it...or replace...There used to be a write up on cleaning, like use a rubber eraser on the metal contacts, but I can't seem to find it.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
As long as the 1/4 tank gauge works do nothing. My gauge stoped going down at 1/2 tank.
I ran a 82 that way for 2 years. It was not worth the effert, time or cost to me to try to fix.

·
Registered
18 Posts
mine has a similar problem i have 2 things one tells me how far till im out of gas then my other gauge tells me how many gallons of gas i have exactly but that doesnt come on until its exactly at 5 gallons.. i dont care since i have the fuel level one....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.