ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious as to how the 'quarter tank' mini-gasgague works in relation to the main E - F gague.. is it linear, i.e that when the main gague says 1/8 of a tank, the mini-gague will say 1/8 as well?
Or is it sort of a 'safe zone' type deal; that is, after the main gage is at or below 'E' the mini gague takes over and says 'ok moron, you REALLY only have a 1/8 tank of gas left!' ;)

The first scenario doesnt make much sense to me, as I've run the car pretty close to 'E' and it only takes around 11 gallons of whats supposed to be a 19 gal. tank..
I usually never run my cars below a quarter of a tank before fillups, for peace of mind, but still is a curiousity I have now..
thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok.. I've never actually seen the smaller gague needle move down at all, and really didn't want to run the risk of running out of gas (both for pride reasons, as well as mechanical ;) ) plus its cheaper on fillups to only put in 9 or 10 gallons! :)
Now to take the gradual overheating problem that I've notcied.. hmm, new radiator or electric fan first.. so many decisions ;)

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Mine works great - I've seen it work properly before - the smaller gauge I mean. The larger guage wasn't working until 2 weeks ago when I bought a replaced Fuel Sending Unit and swapped out the defective one. The new one has a completely different design and I expect it will hold together well.

The smaller gauge works though - for me anyway - and isn't it a 1/4 tank not an 1/8?

-Stu85na

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.