ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small gap where the hood close on the driver side. When I shut the hood the left side closes all the way but the right side pops up, just a tiny bit, but anuf that you can tell by looking at the front end of the car.When I press the right side down the left pops up,but it doesn't stay up it goes back down. What exactly could it be. I have noticed other Z with the same problem. You think it could be the hinges.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Typically just in need of some adjustments of the two rubber adjments on the side and a little adjustment to the hood latch.

Make sure the hood is flush with the center panel, if it's not, loosen the three 12mm bolts on the hood latch and slide it down. Be careful when adjusting the hood latch and do it a very little at a time, if you adjust it to tight, the hood will not reopen.

Once you adjust the hood latch, adjust the two rubber bump stops on each side of the core support to get the hood level.

Hope this helps,
Tim

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks alot man, I knew it had something to do with that, but I wasn't for sure how far to adjust it, so thanks alot.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Tim -
I'm going back and reading posts here. I just removed my hood latch and then reinstalled it. I had never done it before, and had not seen the post above before doing it either. Now I have 2 problems it seems

1. I forgot to attach the release cable back into the hood latch before closing the hood.
2. I did not know anything about the hood latch being adjustable and apparently I made it too tight because the hood would not close all the way down when I closed it after putting the hood latch back in. Now of course I can not open the hood back up to fix anything. Is there ANY way of getting that hood back open?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I've never had to try to open the hood with the cable unattached so I really can't offer any first hand insight.

I did however find this information on twinturbo.net that may help, be sure to read all of the replies to the post as there are several tips

<http://www.twinturbo.net/net/viewmsg.aspx?forum=technical&msg_id=912256>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.