ZCar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Mark Clapp from Kansas City, Missouri USA. I'm an individual and have been making plexiglass parts like headlight covers and windows for over eight years now. I supply several replica manufacturers like Race Car Replicas and restoration shops that restore original GT40s and Jaguars. I recently started making the headlight covers for the 240/260/280Z G-nose cars. The plastic I use is shatter proof and will not crack so rocks/road debris are no problem. Also you do not need special drill bits as for acrylic; any old bit will cut fine with no cracking. I also include L-braces cut from the same crystal clear plastic to mount the covers with. From a distance, the L-braces disappear and the covers look like they are floating on the car. I've attached pictures of the covers to show the terrific clarity and luster of the plastic. I'm asking $189USD/pair. My email address is: mclapp1(at)att(dot)net and feel free to call me anytime at: 816-286-6982.

Thanks,
Mark Clapp

Attachments

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
I would be interested in a set if you provided pre-drilled holes in the covers. Unles they are polycabonate covers I would not drill them myself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi John, the plastic I use is crack proof like lexan but is much more scratch resistant. It is also much clearer, more pliable, and costs 1/4 the price of lexan, which is how I can offer them affordably. You do not need special drill bits as for acrylic (plexiglass); any old bit will cut fine with no cracking. I make the covers a little oversized for a trim to fit on your individual car. The plastic trims easily with sanding. I'm guessing you are using the trim rings to mount the covers. The hole spacing most likely varies a little so it would be best for you to match to your rings. Again, the plastic can not be cracked so drilling is absolutely no problem. Feel free to give me a call anytime at: 816-286-6982 to talk about your car and the light covers.

Thanks,
Mark Clapp

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
JohnH check out the thread on hybrid, very good info its under the paint and body section.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi G-Nosers, let me help you take your car up a level for this year's shows and cruise nights with a pair of headlight covers. I've delivered dozens of sets with no complaints so far. I make them to use either with or without the trim rings. Check out a couple of nice G-nose Zs with my covers fitted. I'm still asking $189/pair.

Thanks,
Mark Clapp
[email protected]
816-286-6982

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
Any chance you'd make any for non-G-nose 240Zs that have the Nissan headlight covers with chrome "rings"? Mine are looking like they've been on the car since 1995, because they have been!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Randy, I tried to make the standard Z headlight covers. Sorry, but due to the shape, they need to be vacuum-formed, which I'm not set up to do yet.

Thanks,
Mark Clapp

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Hi Guys and Gals, I just wanted to post that I'm still making headlight covers for G-nose Zs. The addition of light covers is a great winter project. I can make them in the OE size to fit over the light buckets for use with the trim rings or in a smaller radius for a flush fit to the edges of the light openings. Feel free to email me anytime at: [email protected] or give me a call at: 816-286-6982.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi everyone. I haven't posted in a while but I am still making the light covers for G-nose cars. I've attached photos of some of my covers fitted to a nice G-nose Z. The owner added some chrome trim to get the look of the trim rings. I'm not going anywhere so if you could use some down the road don't hesitate to email me at: [email protected] or call me anytime at: 816-286-6982 with any questions.

Thanks,
Mark Clapp
816-286-6982

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, my name is Mark Clapp from Kansas City, Missouri USA. I'm an individual and have been making plexiglass parts like headlight covers and windows for over eight years now. I supply several replica manufacturers like Race Car Replicas and restoration shops that restore original GT40s and Jaguars. I recently started making the headlight covers for the 240/260/280Z G-nose cars. The plastic I use is shatter proof and will not crack so rocks/road debris are no problem. Also you do not need special drill bits as for acrylic; any old bit will cut fine with no cracking. I also include L-braces cut from the same crystal clear plastic to mount the covers with. From a distance, the L-braces disappear and the covers look like they are floating on the car. I've attached pictures of the covers to show the terrific clarity and luster of the plastic. I'm asking $189USD/pair. My email address is: mclapp1(at)att(dot)net and feel free to call me anytime at: 816-286-6982.

Thanks,
Mark Clapp
Hi Mark

Are you still making these? (240ZG acrylic headlight covers)

How much are they now?

Have you shipped any to Australia?

I am over in New York later in the year so may be able to get them sent there

look forward to hearing from you.

regards
Tom ([email protected])

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Tom,
I do still make the light covers for the G-nose Zs and would be glad to make you a pair. I'm still asking $189 USD/pair and the shipping to Australia would be $30. I have shipped several pairs to Australia with no problems. The shipping to New York would be $20 so not much difference there but either way is fine. I make them in OE size to use with the trim rings or in a smaller radius for a flush fit with the light bucket edges. For these I also include L-braces made from the same crystal clear plastic to mount the covers with. You can Paypal to my email address: [email protected] Please email me if you have any other questions.

Thanks so much,
Mark Clapp

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Guys, I just wanted to post that I have a new email address: [email protected] in case anyone has questions on the G-nose headlight covers and plexi quarter windows I make.

Thanks,
Mark Clapp
816-286-6982

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Hi G-nose owners, I see that I haven't posted in a while but I am still making the light covers and quarter windows for the G-nose Zs in crack-proof plastic. The prices are the same since I joined in 2012. If anyone could use these parts, please email me at: [email protected] or call anytime at: 816-286-6982 with any questions.

Thanks,
Mark Clapp

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Guys and Gals, I see it's been a while so I just wanted to say that I'm still making the light covers for G-nose Zs and quarter windows for all 240/260/280Zs out of crack-proof plastic. Email me at: [email protected] with any questions and feel free to call anytime at: 816-286-6982 to talk about your car and the plexi pieces.

Thanks,
Mark Clapp
816-286-6982

1 - 17 of 17 Posts