Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys

I put the new starter in. and the new coil pack...went to crank it up
and KA POW.....I smell smoke...I see smoke.....**** fuse link for the Ignition in the fuse link box had a heart attack....and no one has the fuse link.....

Now does anyone know what size wire or what the amp rate is on that wire.....dont want to go higher and have a major fire....I have look at the carfiche.com downloaded the manual....all the electrical schemats dont tell the values....

Looks like its about 20 or 22 guage wire...but I want to be right on with this one.
thanks
bob

·
Registered
224 Posts
Motorsport catalog pg. 127

the various colors are listed. They dont list amperages but each color desigantes an amperage level. Sounds like it would be the black one? 80amps if memory serves.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks orange but could be red...**** who knows after 20 years and the heat down here.....but thanks on the colors indicating amp....do u know where I can find the values on it Fiche??? looked there and the letters they give dont match.....some of mine the ignition one that blew was the red orange then blue then red orange but doubled and then black . that is the order from the batt forward....
thanks
bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.