ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am in the process of hooking my fuse box up on my 71 z, and i am having a problem figuring out what wires go to where. I have a blue with a white stripe coming out of the passenger side of the box, where does this go, is it a ground, and i have two ground wires with out mates. I consulted three books on datsuns, and none of them have wireing diagrams. Where can i get a good wireing digaram, and i need to know what fues goes to what. thanks for the help

CHUCK

· Registered
1,153 Posts
You really shouldn't attempt this job without a good wiring diagram.

Of course, the best diagrams are in the Factory Service Manual. You can still get the FSM at Courtesy Nissan (see links), eBay, for sale ads, and others. They can be pricy at 50-100 bucks, but are worth it if you plan on keeping your car.

If I were absolutely stranded, and had to have something, I'd drop by any parts store anywhere and get a Haynes manual. Not nearly as good, but they do have wiring diagrams in the back of the book. They are the same as the FSM diagrams, only much smaller.

· Registered
3,319 Posts
Haynes manual diagram in the back is from the Z factory manual so it should help if you take it to an office store and have it blown up to like 11x17. DON'T GROUND THAT WIRE! blue/white stripe from fuse box is power to the cig/lighter and is straight battery power! Most, if not all black wires on an early Z are ground wires. If you don't have a fuse box cover, here are the sequence of fuses from my 72 (should be same as at least a late 71). Left side top to bottom Air Cond 20, Wiper 20, (both Acc), Flasher 20 (Ign), Horn 10, Stop 20, (both Batt). Right side- Headlight L 10, Headlight R 10 (both headlight circuit power from Headlight switch), Park/tail 20, Domelamp 10, Common 20 (all on Ammeter circuit). This is a replacement for my original fuse box cover but I believe the markings are the same as the original.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.