ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am back from vacation, and am ready to finsh this thing. I got my Tail 44 mm wastegate, and it is a Beautiful peice. I also have my new turbo. I was not able to find a GT35. I looked am was unsuccesfull. I have read, and compared compressor maps/ VG30 flow volume charts till my head hurt and felt that a 50 trim to4 compressor was a nice map, it rides closer to surge over 14psi, but works nicely, and is a 73-78% efficiant up to around 20psi. VERY NICE! That is over 38-44 lbs of efficiant air! (380-400hp) Good map for 3:90 ratio, your car is usually at or near 3000 rpm cruising. Team that with a bit higher Turbine ratio, and your golden... Anyway.. To build a True T-4 I was talking around $980 to order new housings, wheels,V-band ect... you get the point. I am also PRETTY thrifty. SO... We found an intresting turbo. DONT LAUGH. This turbo has all the right specs...It is a Catapillar application! This is a NEW Garrett To4. It has a T-3 foot ( pretty wierd, but makes it so useable)
The turbine is a .84 / O-trim split housing. The compressor is aplication specific. I read the map, it has slightly less flow, but isnt so close to surge, and runs 76% efficiant to 18, 37 lbs air. This is a true cold t-4 , that mounts to a t-3 manifold. External waste gate. This is a 400 hp turbo at 20 psi 73% Efficiant. The turbine/compressor pressure ratio is nearly 50/50!!!!!! This is a very exciting turbo.. best part, with the V-band exhaust ----- $602. If the compressor does not produce results that I am looking for, I will have the 50 trim put into it,($235) and it will be the EXACTLY the turbo I wanted, except it has a T-3 foot for under $850!!Complete!. A t-3 flange will make it easy to package the turbo, close to the engine, and have more room for the wastgate. I have ordered the flanges and the 304, and I will start the "Secret special Z31 turbo part" The intake is half way completed, I will post pics soon.

Post Edited (Jul 16, 12:27pm)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.