ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HOW MUCH WOULD A SET OF 5 FULE INJECTORS COST FOR A '76 280Z? ALSO HOW LONG SHOULD IT TAKE TO INSTALL THEM.
I JUST NEED 5 BECAUSE I HAD MY SHOP REPLACE ONE BEFORE THEY QUOTED ME AT $446.00 FOR 5 INJECTERS AND 3 HOURS LABOR. IS THIS CORRECT? IS IT EASY TO INSTALL THEM YOUR SELF?
MY DAD WHO OWNED THE CAR BEFORE GIVING IT TO MY FOR MY 17TH BIRTHDAY LAST YEAR, HAD GOTTEN THEM ALL DONE I WOULD SAY ABOUT 15 YEARS AGO BECAUSE ONE HAD GONE BAD. BUT NISSAN BEING THE GENIUSES THAT THEY ARE REPLACED THEM ALL. THEY WERE TO LAZY TO FIND OUT WHICH ONE WAS BAD. THEY THEN TRYED TO CHARGE HIM FOR THEM ALL BUT HE REFUSED, SO HE GOT 5 NEW INJECTORS FOR FREE!!!
IS THERE A WAY TO CLEAN THEM OUT AT ALL, I HAVE BEEN ADDING INJECTOR CLEANER TO MY FULE EVERY TIME I FILL UP BUT IT DOES NOT SEEM TO WORK.
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!!!

THANX,
CUZI

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
CUZI wrote:
-------------------------------
HOW MUCH WOULD A SET OF 5 FULE INJECTORS COST FOR A '76 280Z? ALSO HOW LONG SHOULD IT TAKE TO INSTALL THEM.
I JUST NEED 5 BECAUSE I HAD MY SHOP REPLACE ONE BEFORE THEY QUOTED ME AT $446.00 FOR 5 INJECTERS AND 3 HOURS LABOR. IS THIS CORRECT? IS IT EASY TO INSTALL THEM YOUR SELF?
that sounds pretty close for rebuilt injectors Cuzi, just had 6 rebuilt put in my 76 and they were $345 plus labor of $122. it is relativly easy to do your self, mine went to the shop for extenuationg circumstances...I had them cleaned and then they rusted closed because they were not returned to service immediatly. just take your time and get a manual.
IS THERE A WAY TO CLEAN THEM OUT AT ALL, I HAVE BEEN ADDING INJECTOR CLEANER TO MY FULE EVERY TIME I FILL UP BUT IT DOES NOT SEEM TO WORK.
i think injector cleaners keep clean injectors clean...but don't do to good at unplugging them. i had mine cleaned at NAPA for $90 and they flow tested each one, replaced the screens and pintle caps...if you do this...put them back in and run the engine to flush out the residule cleaning chemicals so they do not rust close like mine did...good luck

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!!!

THANX,
CUZI

·
Registered
66 Posts
You purchase new ones from Auto Zone or Checker for about $45 to $50 dollars a peice, an injector seal kit from Victoria British is about $7. Time to do the job is about 3-5 hours. Suggest you replace your fuel lines while you have it torn apart. Use hose specific for fuel injection systems as it will handle the pressure. Make sure to number your injector plugs so you don't get them mixed up on re-install. Good luck. :>)

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can save a little money buying Bosch remanufactured Injectors which work just fine, but yes you can do it yourself. You just have to take your time and be carefull, make sure you replace the rubber donuts that go into the intake manifold, most places will cary kits that contain the larger rubber washer that goes around the injector, and the donut that goes on the tip of the injector that goes into the intake manifold, make sure to also replace the fuel injection line, and make sure to buy FUEL INJECTION LINE, and not just gas line, as the gas line will give out later, it can not handle the pressure. One other thing to watch for when you go to re-assemble, be carefull not to bump the tips of the injectors against any metal ( at least not hard ), as the covers on the end can crack, causing vacum leaks. As far as cleaning, as someone else stated, many places can professionaly clean them, this is perfectly acceptable, and they can let you know if they are not flowwing what they are supposed to, then you can replace the one or two that are not up to par. Otherwise Remans are fairly inexpensive, and worth considering.
Here are a few websites that can also sell you injectors at a good price.
http://www.fuelparts.com/
http://www.lindertech.com/reconinj.htm
Hope this helps.

Scott Milella

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We sell Borg Warner reman injectors for 45.00 exchange
each$270.00 for the set. Injector seals are 18.00 for all of them. Installation is not that hard, probably an hour or two. Joe
1-800-533-5659

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.