ZCar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'83 280 ZX na
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mornin' All,
Deciding on best way to test fuel pressure up near rail along with FPR and not sure best method. After reading comments, most z'ers say splice a "tee" in between fuel filter and fuel rail. Is a schrader valve added to tee hose? and if so can it be left in place and permanently capped off for future use or should tee be removed and replaced with new hose section? Any better/ more streamlined options for permanent test port?
Thx in advance

·
Registered
120 Posts
I haven’t looked but you may be able to find an inline one. I don’t think you should have any problems either if you found a schrader valve tee that is rated for fuel.

Edit: Sorry, I don’t think most people use a schrader valve tee unless they have a kit.

I did mine like this, please excuse the dirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1983 280ZX Turbo
1,410 Posts
Same here - I cut the hose, inserted the tee and replaced the hose when done with the test.

·
Registered
'83 280 ZX na
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven’t looked but you may be able to find an inline one. I don’t think you should have any problems either if you found a schrader valve tee that is rated for fuel.

Edit: Sorry, I don’t think most people use a schrader valve tee unless they have a kit.

I did mine like this, please excuse the dirt.

So is your tee just standard steel w/ 2 hose barbed ends and threaded pipe connection for your gauge?

·
Registered
'83 280 ZX na
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Same here - I cut the hose, inserted the tee and replaced the hose when done with the test.
Thx...I figured most would do test then replace hose...Would be cool to have permanent test port like I see in some newer cars...

·
Registered
120 Posts
So is your tee just standard steel w/ 2 hose barbed ends and threaded pipe connection for your gauge?
Yes. It’s from a Harbor Freight fuel pressure kit. It’s cheap and works. have their vacuum gauge kit too which comes in handy for these cars.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Oh and the size above was just what I found. I don’t know off hand what size our fuel line is.

·
Registered
'83 280 ZX na
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh and the size above was just what I found. I don’t know off hand what size our fuel line is.

Thanks for the fitting inc reference...I believe fuel line is 5/16 id. I may have to pick up the Harbor freight vac test kit as well...appreciate it...(y)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts