ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a suitable replacement for the fuel hose that goes from the tank to the fuel pump? This item is NLA from Nissan, and I haven't found a fuel hose that large with a 90 bend in it.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
While I do not know what year your car is... I have a '78 and I used Aeroquip socketless hose (AN -6 size 3/8"). The only problem I had was getting the hose on the stock brass fitting on the fuel pump. The fitting nipple was rather large... I solved that problem with a trip to a local hardware store. (they had a very large plumbing department with lots of brass fittings). I took the stock inlet (it will unscrew) to the store and bought fitting that had a large female threaded fitting on one end and a small female fitting on the other. Attached to the smaller female threaded side is a male threaded 3/8" hose barb fitting. I used permatex type 1 sealer to seal all the joints. Has'nt leaked yet!

·
Registered
651 Posts
I replaced that hose this summer with three(3) hoses actually. One short one that is the same distance from the tank to the 90 degree elbow, one from the elbow to the pump, and one elbow I cut from a hose I got at an auto parts store that matched the bend. I put tubing couplers in and hose clamps. The whole thing cost me less than $10. and no one sees it anyway. No leaks either. The 2 non-elbow hoses are standard gas line hose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.