ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuel Tank Cleaning

884 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  rsharpenuke 
#1 ·
Anyone have a good method of cleaning the fuel lines that are INSIDE the fuel tank? I put a little carb cleaner in them and then forced that through with compressed air and was disturbed at the crap that wound up inside my newly cleaned tank (I purchased the POR15 tank cleaning products and applied the acid wash (Marine Clean) and the rust remover (Metal Ready) before messing with the fuel lines. I know, should have been smarter.) Once the lines are clean, I suspect I'll need to re-apply the rust remover since I've now got some solvent inside the tank. Do I have to buy the POR15 product again (I dumped the first batch) or is there a suitable replacment at Home Depot?

#2 ·
...Remove tank. Use Japaneese product called KREEM . Pour kreem into tank and move tank sidways, upside down, straight up and down. Allow 3 hours to dry completely. Reinstall tank. Fit new fuel line hoses into and leading out of tank. Have fun.

#4 ·
I've already cleaned the inside walls of the tank. The question is how to clean the inside of the fuel lines that reside inside the tank (not the lines that go the engine) and run along the inside top of the tank. Simply sloshing the cleaner around doesn't get inside the fuel line tubing.

Could I use a low flow pump (perhaps a cheap aquarium pump?) to move acetone or some other solvent through these lines and get them clean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.