ZCar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took out the fuel tank and pump module assembly. Both are rusted to BITS. I found out about fuel cells like the ones they use for racing or rally. They are MUCH cheaper than a refurbished/rebuilt OEM. Would that be a good choice instead of another OEM fuel tank? Or would I be better off spending more money on the OEM?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would recommend keeping the oem parts true to the car. But its your car and if you install it properly and connect everything securely im sure the racing parts would be just fine. It all comes down to personal preferance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would recommend keeping the oem parts true to the car. But its your car and if you install it properly and connect everything securely im sure the racing parts would be just fine. It all comes down to personal preferance.
Ok, thanks. I don't have so much preference of 'all original'. It would be nice but it's pretty expensive to find parts in good condition especially being parts like the the fuel tank and pump module assembly mentioned above. I will look into it. Again, thank you for your time

·
Super Moderator
1983 280ZX Turbo
1,310 Posts
Wrecking yards may yield a tank, or Zcarsource in Arizona may have one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts