ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i checked some of the lines and just tightened up the clamps, and what do you know the smell went away...Zweeeeet.still planning on replacing some of the lines under the hood and def. the clamps seeing how some dont tighten very well..should i replace all the rubber an hard lines or jsut the rubber lines...can i jsut go to an autozone and get the hard lines and rubber lines or where is a good place to go..anyone use any particular clamps that they would recommend..not sure if there are ones i should stay away from or some that i should get

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
i just bought fuel line (rubber) at autoparts store, and a bunch of hose clamps for the size of the hose and went and replaced everything, worked out really well. I'm sure your hard lines will be fine so no need to replace those.

·
Registered
941 Posts
yah the NAPA fuel injection fuel line worked great for me. I think the spec sheet they had said it was good to 160psi. (NA has 48psi)

Just make sure its the fuel injection line. You'll know because its expensive.

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
Way cheaper when bought at Autozone or Pep Boys...

maybe 1/3 the price as Nissan. PS -- Last I recalled the Nissan hosing was $1 per inch (or something crazy like that).

FYI -- Nissan, COZ, etc generally has metric sized hosing (8mm) -- at the car stores you'll need to go with 5/16. I've used both sizes on my Z and both work just fine. Only issue I've found is that 5/16 size is a bit fatter outside (don't know why?) than metric -- so metric sized hose clamps may not work with 5/16 hosing.

Post Edited (Jan 2, 2:18pm)

·
Registered
262 Posts
LOL I was thinking

"A buck a foot doesnt sound too bad to me!"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.