ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched the archives and the web for instruction on how to clean the unit but i had no luck. could some one please point me in the right direction.

thanks
Zelotic

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
http://www.zeeyalater.net/comprob1.htm

Look down the page for "Fuel Sending Unit Cleaning."

Honestly - it's not worth it. It was a faulty design to begin with and you can purchase newly designed units (completely different in how they function) for about $75 to your door (courtesyparts.com). 1 hour to install and you're golden.

Good luck!

Post Edited (Oct 17, 10:48am)

·
Registered
793 Posts
I agree with Stu85na--replace the whole thing If you don't you will be revisiting it again some time in the future for sure

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i will definatly replace it once i can scroung up some money. being in college and currently out of work kinda sucks. i just wanted a temporay fix.
thanks for the help

Zelotic

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
or make sure you take city roads, not highways, and you stay in the lane closest to a turning lane in case your car stalls from running outta gas, you can just hop over :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol my gauge works to an extent. i just want it to be more accurate. also i always set the trip when i fill up just in case, plus betty still bitches at me when the fuel level is low.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.