ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is nothing worse than to walk outside on a sunny Sunday afternoon and know that you will not be hugging any turns today. I know you all can relate. Here is my dilemma. I just bought my second ‘78 280Z after a yearlong quest to find one with no rust. Last weekend while stopped at an intersection she died! The engine turns and every thing is on Q, but no gas. Is it a coincidence that it died twice when I stopped and used my signal light? Also, there had been an electrical buzzing noise (that died when the car did) coming from the passenger seat area, that seems to be linked to everything electrical in the car, for example it hummed in rhythm with the signal lights, or when I applied the brakes ect.. Is my problem the Fuel pump, fuel relay, or perhaps the voltage regulator? And if it is the relay can someone tell me were it is located? I can’t find it. Thanks for any assistance you give.
-okie

· Registered
69 Posts
Aaack...
This sounds really weird. All I can suggest is getting a multimeter at Radio Shack or someplace and testing things. On the other hand, you might be lucky and just have a fuel pump problem. If the buzzing is louder on the outside I'd check that.

As for the relay location, I can't say for sure on your model, but on my '83 280zx it's behind the passenger side kick plate (where your right foot would go if you were sitting in the passenger seat and moved your foot to the panel on the right).

Hope this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.