ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can hear my fuel pump hummmm. It's not because it doesnt know the words. At low fuel levels especially, and when I turn on ignition to run, but dont crank the motor.

If it needs replacing, where is it? I looked at the top of the fuel tank, and it shows a circular place, but no hoses coming out. Where is it and does the fuel tank need to come out? I own a 1985 300zx with turbo (of course).

charlie.

www.black-hills-praise-radio.com

·
Registered
185 Posts
That hmmming is the Fuel Pump priming its completly normal, Its located in the tank to the right of that access panel you are talking about (if you were looking from behind the car. You can change the pump 2 ways if you feel it nessesary. You can do it the conventinal way and drop the tank or you can do it the easy/lazy way and carefully cut a hole above the fuel pump in the hatch and create your own access panel just be sure to replace the piece that you cut out and seal it up good.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think I need a fuel pump on my 84 turbo so I checked on the price. Are you sitting down? ...............$350.00!

84 300zx turbo
msd ignition
k&n filter

·
Registered
281 Posts
It humms normally before you start the car with the ignition on. It's supposed to do that.

·
Registered
782 Posts
My car also humms louder when the tank is getting empty and the TT pump is loud anyways so I try to keep my tank full cause I also believe it keeps the pump cooler.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.