ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...I have a 89' 300ZX 2+2 nonturbo and my fuel pump is not working. I checked the fuses and connection at the pump with no luck. So thinking the pump was dead, I dropped the tank and pulled it out. I wired it straight and it works fine. Is there something I am missing? The 300ZX is new to me....I mostly deal with the eariler Z's...240Z and 260Z. So if anyone can help...thanks.

Themetalgod

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about that but my car doesn't tell which one it is. Nothing printed on the cover or on the relays themselves. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Do you get 12V at the fuel pump fuse?
Do you get 12V at the blue/white wire in the fuel pump connector near the spare tyre?

·
Registered
120 Posts
The fuel pump relay is in front of the rear wheel on the passanger side. Near the back of the seat. There is also a saftey relay that is located in the front wheel well behind some other relays. You will probobly have to remove the battery to access it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mister T,

Thanks for the replys and yes I get 12vs @ the fuse but nothing at the pump plug. Not sure about the ECU...I know it works cause it's new...$400.00 worth.

Tonedefl31....not sure about the relay...I'll check and see. Thanks to all.

Themetalgod

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.