ZCar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been sorting your some problems with my Z. I think my car still has the original fuel pump. Can a stock pump be rebuilt? If so who rebuilds them. If I need to buy a new one should I stick with the original or get a newer design. How had is it to adapter a now stock pump?

Thanks
Curt

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
NOS pumps are still available from Nissan, but they aren't cheap. On the other hand, how many Chinesium pumps do you need to have die on you before the costs are the same?
Pump Assu Fuel 17011-P7211 | Courtesy Parts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Its best to stick with OEM if possible.

The Z store and rock auto sells pumps but the former can be pricey, however you're getting a good product for the cost.
I find that NAPA autoparts always seems to have good OEM parts for the Z.
Might be worth calling them. I wouldn't recommend getting a pump from some of the other franchise parts stores... but for the cheap price, it's always a good idea to have a few on hand. I usually always have a spare ready to go incase my pump takes a crap on the road.

I don't know anyone who rebuilds pumps, but I assume somebody out there does. You can get with your local Z car clubs if you have one that is close to you- ask those guys they may be able to help.

All us Z guys are pretty much in the same boat, so its good to help one another out.

Bon

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its best to stick with OEM if possible.

The Z store and rock auto sells pumps but the former can be pricey, however you're getting a good product for the cost.
I find that NAPA autoparts always seems to have good OEM parts for the Z.
Might be worth calling them. I wouldn't recommend getting a pump from some of the other franchise parts stores... but for the cheap price, it's always a good idea to have a few on hand. I usually always have a spare ready to go incase my pump takes a crap on the road.

I don't know anyone who rebuilds pumps, but I assume somebody out there does. You can get with your local Z car clubs if you have one that is close to you- ask those guys they may be able to help.

All us Z guys are pretty much in the same boat, so its good to help one another out.

Bon
Thanks! I will contact NAPA and Rock Auto. I appreciate your help.

·
ZCAR.COM Vendor
55 Posts
We offer a factory Nissan pump for $387.87. We have 1 here in stock and ready to ship.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
One of my suppliers rebuilds the stock pumps still. I know that it's not cheap but I'll have to contact them this week and get a current price. I use to sell them for 280.00. It's the same price to rebuild non turbo vs. turbo car pumps. I probably still have a few non turbo cores in stock but I'm all out of the turbo cores. I'll do a follow up on this post as soon as I get a current price. Z man of Washington

Reactions: Kevin T and Dave M
1 - 7 of 7 Posts