ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a '77 280z and the fule pump was leaking, so I took it off and installed new rubber O rings. I also put gas tank sealent around the base of the plastic peice the electrical connections are on. I put the **** pump back in hooked all the lines and connections up, and now the **** thing wont run. I tried priming it and it just won't pump. I checked all the fuses already. Any suggestions???? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Funny as this might sound. Hit it with a rubber mallet. Its the fast acting calibration tool of choice. Also if it wont work on the car try disconnecting the positive lead or both if you prefer and hook up a 12 volt supply (battery charger works good at the low 12 volt setting) and try that. If it pumps then your FI relay is probably bad. Its under the dash right above the CPU on the drivers side. It would be strange for that to go bad seeing how you didnt even touch anything near that. But if you arced and sparked the positive line coming in to the Fuel pump then you might have overloaded the relay in some way which would also be dumb cause you would have had to be under the car and in the car turning the start switch which actualy feeds the 12+ at the same time.

Beans for all

Larryjam

P.S. Buy my car!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.