Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>RE: fuel pump not on with key help!!</b>

Have you checked the fusible links under the hood by the battery. There are four of them tucked inside two little fuse boxes.

If I recall, mine did the same thing several years ago and one of these fuses was melted through.

Hope this helps,

Matt

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ron, pull the solenoid wire off of the starter, and then turn key to cranking postion, and fuel pump should come on. Joe

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The '76 fuel pump will not run until there is air flowing through the Air Flow Meter....In other words, the Pump
is controlled by a set of contacts mounted on the side of the AFM (under the plastic cap)....If you remove the cap and move the flapper manually, you can hear the pump turn on....

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Hidden Corrosion Monster

Another possible problemis the bullet connectors where the fuel pump leads connect to the main wiring harness. You can find them under the carpet behind the passengers seat. If one is loose or badly corroded - no power - no fuel pump. I have a long but amusing story that goes with this one that was anything but funny at the time.
Phantom

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CHeck to see if you have juice to the pump using jumper wires from your battery to the t-shaped fuel pump connector under the carpet in the back. If you don't hear the pump go it is dead, if it does go find out why no juice to pump..

Just went through this exercise and had a bad pump....

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The air flow flap has to be , open this is a safty feature so if air is not flowing thru engine fuel is shut off.
My fuel pump went intermittant (Car would stall)
before going solid bad.
Checking wires behind passenger seat a good place to measure for 12v,also good place to wire a kill switch for security.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.