ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i let my baby sit for aboot two months, i return...no starting....

I'm not gettin` pressure and the ******* doesn't sound as it's comin` on, it's either the relay or the pump, i found the pump, yet i believe it turns out i found the fkin` gauge =p So..must i drop the **** tank tuh get to Mr. Fuel Pump?

i'm off tuh play with it now, just thinkin` if anyone has any help? cause the repair manual seems to pretend my year never existed..

If anyone knos where cheap new fuel pumps are sold =] =] =] that will be c00l too. 280 dollars is gunna rock me!

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
you have to drop the tank to get to that baby, and I would say buy a new OEM pump, or really anything NEW, some jobs you just don't want to do twice, this is one of them, at least for me this is one of them, I hate screwing around with Gas and Gas smell.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
There is not much point in removing the tank and pump until you can prove that the pump is defective. Has the pump been tested by connecting it direct to the battery?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey Rush,

I just did the same thing in my 89' 300ZX 2+2. There is a connection under the rear carpet, blue in color. You can straight wire it right there to see if the pump is actually out. I did the opposite, dropped the tank, then checked the pump. But not before buying a pump off of Ebay. $100.00 was not a bad price and I know how much one cost from MotorSport.....$382.52. 1984- 89' pumps will work, they are the same.
So check the pump 1st. Have a good day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.