ZCar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 83 280zxt and can't find a new fuel pressure regulator. The ones I find on ebay want between $150 - $300 for them. Are there any other from other model car that works?

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I sell them to zcar.com users for 143.46 + shipping to you. I'm not aware of any other cars that use this style of fuel reg. You might be able to find one that has 3 fittings and back yard it on but I'm not aware of any. You're going to have to bite the bullet and pay the price. It was worse a few years ago, I sold them for 175.00 each to zcar.com users if I could find one. At least half the time I checked with all my vendors they were on back order. That period lasted at least a couple of years. They still go on back order once in awhile but it doesn't last. Z man of Washington

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've found this that looks like it might work it a Standard PR22. The major difference is the the bottom nipple faces the opposite direction of the original Standard PR8.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Most of the ones I found not on eBay are around $100.

I have 79 ZX and used an old one I salvaged from an early straight 6 Maxima.

Edit: my memory may be bad, I have a bunch salvaged 280zxt parts too and I think it may have been from that. When I look up the early 80’s Maxima pressure regulator it looks different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe this one is from a 80's 200sx. Plus I found them new for $28. Was hoping someone tried this.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
The one in your pic is a 2 outlet regulator and your car takes a 3 outlet unit. 2 outlet won't work.
mailnom, to correct you the Maxima from 79-84 pressure reg is the same as all z's from 78-83. I don't remember for sure whether the 78 Maxima is the same or not but it probably is. I don't work on many 810 or Maximas anymore. Most of them have been crushed. ZMOW

1 - 6 of 6 Posts