ZCar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching for this part online and local stores for my 1979 280zx.

Nissanpartsdeal
thezstore
rockauto
JCWhitney
Carrid
Amazon
Autozone
Oreilly
Kragen
and much more.

I can order it in Nissanpartsdeal, nissanpartsprime and theZstore.com BUT they all got cancelled after half hour stating that the part is in backorder. So I called James from theZstore.com and learned from him that this part is in a "national backorder", nobody has them. This is very interesting, am pretty sure there are several 280zx (1979 - 83) owners that needs a fuel pressure regulator due to issues.

I wonder what you guys did to retrofit a universal one or where did you find the right part?

Thanks much!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've got 2 of them if you need one.

I think the most common alternative is just to get a universal 1:1 regulator that's rated for the correct pressure range.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I've got 2 of them if you need one.

I think the most common alternative is just to get a universal 1:1 regulator that's rated for the correct pressure range.
That would be cool. Will they fit my 1979 280zx NA? How much would you let it go to me? :grin

Btw, what are those universal ones that would fit easily? I found some but looks like there's a lot of work involved to retrofit it and not even sure if it's proper and won't cause issues.

Thanks much!

·
Registered
69 Posts
PM'd you.

They're pretty straight forward. Get one with the proper size input/outputs (-6AN if i remember correctly) and pressure range (30-70psi works nicely), install with the correct fittings, adjust base pressure to stock psi at idle, drive and adjust as needed. FYI, you will need a pressure gauge to dial in the regulator, but you should have one for diagnostic purposes anyway.

If you're still using the stock rail, you'll have to bypass the stock location and relocate the new one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
PM'd you.

They're pretty straight forward. Get one with the proper size input/outputs (-6AN if i remember correctly) and pressure range (30-70psi works nicely), install with the correct fittings, adjust base pressure to stock psi at idle, drive and adjust as needed. FYI, you will need a pressure gauge to dial in the regulator, but you should have one for diagnostic purposes anyway.

If you're still using the stock rail, you'll have to bypass the stock location and relocate the new one.
Hi,

NOTE: Just learned that I can't send PM yet due to new member.

I've read your PM and that would be great! I'm here in Cali, zip code 92508.

These are stock ones right (the one your going to send)? So no need adjustments like the universal ones, plug-and-play?

Feel free to PM your response and total with shipping please. Thank you! :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello 82turboman, any chance you see my response? I might need to keep on posting here to reach the minimum posting before I can send PMs

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks 28turboman for sending me your spare!

Please PM me the tracking number (still can't send PM to peeps here).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PM'd you.

Hello, not sure if you've been busy. Still can't send PM so sending here instead.

Sent the payment last week. Was it sent already? Tracking number please.

Thanks much!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
82Turboman, Thank you for your response through PM . Sent an email yesterday with my address.

Please PM tracking number when your able.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts