ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 84 300zx turbo. What could cause fuel pressure at idle or above idle the fuel pressure gauge jumps from 18 to 30lbs and you can feel the fuel pumping in the fuel lines. Heres what i have done to the car new injectors new fuel pressure regulator cleaned grounds to the computer checked injector connectors they are good, and tried different fuel pump (but it is used) also hooked up external fuel pump for testing and it did the same thing. car idles good excelarates good and yes i do have mods. I know my car is fast a friend has a WRX STI and I can keep up with him. The fuel pressure gauge is driving me crazy can anyone help???? Thanks

·
Registered
782 Posts
Yeh you should feel a pulse in the line, you may want to check for a hole in the line or mabey its crushed or something. Does that wrx beat you off the line pretty bad.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Clogged fuel tank vent line causing vapor lock.

Refer to the SM at the back of the EF & EC section.

"In case the vent line is clogged the fuel tank is not able to breathe thus causing insufficient delivery of fuel to engine or vapor lock. "

Or clogged fuel strainer at the bottom of the fuel pump causing vapor lock.

·
Registered
657 Posts
id test the pressure at the pump........... you should be getting like 40psi or higher.............right now you have less pressure than my non-turbo

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did not feel any crushed lines i replaced the rubber hoses Does the WRX beat me off the line only if i spin tires, if i get traction i beat him off the line if you can think of anything else let me know but thanks anyways

Post Edited (Mar 9, 9:10pm)

·
Registered
782 Posts
You know red probably 20psi lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.