ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where I can get simple instructions on how to make a fuel pressure guage? I think my fuel pump is going bad and I need to install a fuel pressure gauge. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Find a gauge that reads 0 - 60 PSI. (about $5.00 CDN)

Find a "T" fitting that will thread onto the gauge. (about $1.00 CDN)

Find 2 barb fittings that will screw into the "T" fitting and are the same size as the rubber fuel line. (about $1.50 CDN each)

Get a 3 inch long by 5/16 inch piece of rubber hose approved for high pressure fuel systems. (should be able to weasel this for free)

2 clamps that will fit the 3 inch long piece of hose. (about $.50 CDN each)

Most of these pieces will end up being 3/8 inch NPT do not go smaller otherwise the fitting will introduce a restriction to the fuel delivery system and you will get meaningless results.

When assembling the fittings do not use Teflon tape, use fuel resistant pipe dope.

Wayne Monteath
Masham, Quebec.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I purchased the 0-100 psi gage from ACE True value for about $8 or so and most of the fittings in the plumbing department. Fuel line from Autozone. Total investment about $15. The gage may not be the most perfect for the assignment but for troubleshooting it has been working fine for the last 4 years. Also Summit or Jegs Catalogs have a variety of gages.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.