ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm swapping a ZXT motorinto my 240Z using a 75 FI gas tank, but what about the fuel lines? the return line looks really small on my 240Z compared to the ZXT. can i swap out the lines from a 280Z? which ones do i need? there are several there and all i know is there is a fuel send line and a return line? thanks.

· Premium Member
41,285 Posts
Archives...

But since I've posted this far:
Use your tank vapor recovery line (ends on the left fram rail) as your return. You can plumb it into the 75 tank easily enough out back. You just let the normal line vent to the ground instead of the crankcase. Won't smog, but if you're doing a Turbo conversion, I doubt you're retaining the cat, either!
No running lines, other than flexibles, functions perfectly, and lets you get running without pulling your transmission, Differential, and various other items to find that a 280Z line doesn't fit in your 240 bracketry...

· Registered
142 Posts
Re: Archives...

yo can also use your 75 inj system dont forget the ecu holder and plastic cover out of the 75z itll drop in your 240and the ecu holder has to be drilled out of your 75z

· Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tony d?

if i have my engine and tranny out right now (this car pretty much still a rolling chassis) would it work better to run another line instead of using the vapor recovery line?

· Premium Member
41,285 Posts
If you have it out!

Run yourself a good 3/8" line, and use IT as your supply line, and use the stock fuel supply line as your return line. That way you still have vapor recovery and have some semblance of emissons controls on the vehicle. You can use that vapor recovery line on the stock Cannister that was in the ZX.
Yeah, if your already out of there, just run another line. The 280 lines are not routed like the 240 lines, and don't fit in the 240 mounting spaces. If you are talking about a 75 (which is hwere you got the tank from, but NOT the car you are installing the turbo into from my understanding) then the existing lines would be O.K., as a matter of fact, the 260-on does not require any fuel lines to be run, but all the 240's need another line run, or the vapor recovery line reutilized.
If you look under a 260 or late 240 you will find a neat bracket to mount your EFI pump onto, also. I don't know if the 280 Bracket bolts up to the 240 frame, but the stock electric pump bracket from the 260 does, and is a great place to mount the factory pump.
The stock fuel line is 8mm (5/16") so going to 3/8 is like going to 10mm, which is fine. You really only need 8mm for feed and for return.
Good Luck with your project!

· Premium Member
41,285 Posts
Depends if what you want...

Take a look under "Tubing" in the Yellow Pages.
I used Stainless Steel, .035" wall, since I get it at work for nothing in 20' sticks.
Then again, I used a 1/2" feed, and 3/8" return, but that was because it was free...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.