Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Got a question I own a 73 Z car with a 82 Turbo motor under the hood .As of right now Im using the factory fuel lines which is way to small, I would like to upgrade the line from back to front. Sence I dont have any reason to put in a fuel sell besides looks I am thinking on running a line from the bottom of the tank at the drain plug throught my MSD pump to -8 to a fuel rail to ect. my return line I might deside in using the factory gas line as my return line. What would you suggest? Do you recommend Soft line or hard line under the vehicle? Do you know what the fitting would be under the tank (the size of the pipe tread that I need)? any advice would be appreciated.
Thank You for your help.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>RE: Fuel line upgrade questions.</b>

I think Stealth used a 1/2" (or dash 8) line from the tank forward to the rail. The old feed line was used as the return.
He was pushing 400+ hp out of that setup, so I guess it works.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
3/8 feed line and the stock fuel line as a return should work fine. Running braided line or hard line is fine. I assume when you say "soft" line you mean braided stainless hose? I will be using 1/2 inch hard line and -8 braided where necessary. Return line will be 3/8 and -6. You may consider getting ahold of a tank from a 75-76 280z. It has factory feed and return lines built in. I would not run a line from the drain plug due to clearance problems and the fact that it looks cheap. My current plan is to modify my stock tank with new pickups suitable for use with -8 line and baffle it. I have a picture you can see here of the inside of the stock 240 tank so you can see how it is not setup very good for fuel injection (it's not supposed to be, duh!)
greg
71 240z

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.