Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Im taking apart the engine in my parts car mainly just to get a better idea of how it all ticks. I took out all the fuel injectors and they looked pretty good. So my question, Is there anyway to clean them or is it better just to go ahead and trash them?

thanks
JZ

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
there are places that clean em it will cost around $100.00 to do a set of 6. we have a place localy that does it and also they rebuild turbos.i made a tool that back flushes injectors then cleans them out the right way. i have found that some injectors can't be cleaned. the fuel or rust seizes them up and sometimes the coil inside of them is bad. with this tool i have been able to salvage a bunch (around 6 sets) of injectors from different makes and models of cars. i realy suggest you have them cleaned by a place that does it on a regular basis(not a mechanic shop, i am a tech at a shop and i know..). they will be able to tell you if you have a bad flowing injector in the bunch.and i tell you, your engine will run so much better with clean injectors....... good luck. pallnet

·
Registered
286 Posts
I've heard there;s some kind of machine that hooks up to your car in place of the gas tank and cleans the injectors with some sort of chemical. Is this true?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.