ZCar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Toy : 1975 Fairlady Z 2+2. ( Fuel injected 3.1 Big Bore Turbo / Links Programmable ECU ) .

There were a very slight vapor/ fuel leak at the fuel float wire connector. So decided to replace it with a new one. Got a new 240z fuel float from Japan. Had to do a little adjustment with the float sensor due my fuel tank is a little larger than that of the 240z so that a Full tank would indicate " Full" and an empty tank would indicate " Empty" . With that corrected ... I filled up my tank to the brim and it indicated " Full ".

Now , ....here is the problem that I've just noticed... after driving around, the fuel in the tank is now at half mark. When I turn the ignition " ON " ( without starting/ cranking the engine ) My fuel gauge indicate " Half " tank. But when the engine is running, the fuel gauge would drop to 1/4 mark from Half.
Why is it doing this ??
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
40,999 Posts
Check the ground at the back of the car.
Mine was cruddy and when I stepped on my brakes, the tank level would drop, eventually reading correctly (the dirt apparently made it read high and somehow the brake lights being on 'fixed' it...)

·
Super Moderator
40,999 Posts
SO OK:

Holiday Inn Glenmarie.

If you see this ring me at Rm 351 -- heading out MH804 on 1 June

Flying...er "prohibited" but how else should I fly other than "Z-CLASS" Right?

I love that M-Air doesn't put booking class (just fare class letter) in the confirmation e-mail and it looks EXACTLY like the pdf receipt EXCEPT the receipt has the class of service. Lets me submit that email for reimbursement and get paid without people whining "He flew Business Class"... when Business is $186 one-way, and Economy Return is $311, regardless of the stupidity of corporate policy or preferrred airline, I'm taking the big seat!:devil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts