#1 ·
This is what I have done so far:
Cleaned the gas tank
Installed the sending unit
Installed the gas tank, making sure all 4 hoses were connected and tight
Removed the old gas filter
Blew through the gas line going to the engine, I could blow through it
Installed the gas pump
Turned key to on for several seconds, turned it off for a few seconds, repeated several times

This is where either I am being impatient or something is off. The gas tank is full, maybe a couple gallons short, but if I pull the line off the pump from the tank gas spills. When I turn the key, I have to crank the engine for the pump to come on, but when I stop cranking I can hear the pump buzzing for a couple seconds or so. I don't hear it if not cranking though, not sure if that is normal. Fuel has not yet come out of the line on the engine side, so I'm a bit stumped. How long should it take for the pump to push gas to the engine, or did I miss something in the line I needed to check/replace?

#5 ·
I found a post somewhere that said to pull the small wire off the starter to run the pump without cranking the engine. That helped me a lot. Then I was reaching in through the passenger side to turn the key, got nothing and my head dropped ya know. When it did I looked back at the wiring because I had just fixed the ends and a split in the line on the sub harness, so I was like "what the **** I can hear it but nothing?" Out of nowhere I noticed the green wire on the car harness side was connected to the black wire on the sub harness. I had check so many times that white was positive on the pump and never even given the harness connection a thought. I'm just glad this is a hobby, I would make a terrible mechanic 😅!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.