ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I lowerd my '76 280z 2+2 with EIBACH
springs two months ago the whole car went down 2 to 3 inches. The car was already low
as it is with 60 series 14's, I am now replacing the suspension bushings on the front and rear, thanch to some tips by Zebra. My cousin say a web site that shows how to redrillthe connecting
hole on the frame to move the pivet out up and out from the old whole, this is supposed to
gaon som of the geametry I lost. And Ithese spacers in Motorsports for $60, they too are
supposed to give my the designed geometry
the car came with.

IF YOU DID ANY OF THESE TWO THINGS
PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW IT WENT.

Lui280z
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
> When I lowerd my '76 280z 2+2 with EIBACH
> springs two months ago the whole car went
> down 2 to 3 inches. The car was already low
> as it is with 60 series 14's, I am now
> replacing the suspension bushings on the
> front and rear, thanch to some tips by
> Zebra. My cousin say a web site that shows
> how to redrillthe connecting
> hole on the frame to move the pivet out up
> and out from the old whole, this is supposed
> to
> gaon som of the geametry I lost. And Ithese
> spacers in Motorsports for $60, they too are
> supposed to give my the designed geometry
> the car came with.

> IF YOU DID ANY OF THESE TWO THINGS
> PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW IT WENT.

> Lui280z
Hey, I moved the pivot point on my car but I would not recomend it unless you can weld and have a lot of time on your hands. The factory hole on your cross-member where the lower control arm is mounted needs to be raised 3/4 of an inch. You have to ermove the tac-welded washer from the cross-member, measure and drill your hole, then re-weld the washer to the cross-member as it is a spacer and re-inforcement. It was not fun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
> Hey, I moved the pivot point on my car but I
> would not recomend it unless you can weld
> and have a lot of time on your hands. The
> factory hole on your cross-member where the
> lower control arm is mounted needs to be
> raised 3/4 of an inch. You have to ermove
> the tac-welded washer from the cross-member,
> measure and drill your hole, then re-weld
> the washer to the cross-member as it is a
> spacer and re-inforcement. It was not fun.
Charlie did this effect the handeling of your car. I am considering doing this modification.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
> Charlie did this effect the handeling of
> your car. I am considering doing this
> modification.
Yes. If you think you or someone you know can tackle it I would do it. I ended my bump steer You know , when your flying into that sweeper at 85mph and you hit that little bump in the road that makes yor car jerk left or right while you fight the wheel? Well it won't do that neer as bad if yiu move your control arm mount whole up 3/4inch. I have slammed my car to the ground so it was a huge improvement in my geometry.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top