ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember some time ago coming across a write up on swapping the front end on a 84-85 to an 87-89 but I cant seem to find it. I dont remember the site I saw it on, does anyone remember this or know where it is? I thought it was on az-zbums site but I cant seem to locate the page, thanks.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Glad I could help.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One question I have; and I don't know if anyone will be able to answer it because I dont think it's been done before but I'll ask anyway.

With this conversion what's the likeliness that the 87-89 front guard panels will fit on the 84-85? Because I know that the 87-89 has slightly more flared guards and to do the front end conversion totally you'd think that they'd need to be put on aswell but I'm not sure if they'd fit. Anyone care to take a guess wether or not this would work?

Now that I think about it if someone were to do that you'd have to replace the rear quarter panels aswell lol Besides being totally unpractical and border-line insane; would it still work swapping out the front guards? lol I suppose it wouldnt be too hard for a good bodyworks place to smooth out the rear guards on the 84-85 to suit.

Anyway, blah... Just wondering if anyone thinks that swapping the front guards would work out of curiosity.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just meant front guards/front quarter panel whatever the **** u want to call it...

Post Edited (Oct 7, 8:41pm)

·
Registered
257 Posts
lmao yeah I would think you could swap fenders but it would look kinda weird with the rear ones not being changed and if you ddi that way not just buy a 87-89 Z?

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dont really like the rear end on the 87-89 all that much; personal preference basically... If I was to do it, I'd get the exisiting rear fenders moulded custom at a bodyworks place to match the front. I dont plan on doing this anytime soon, I just think it's a really interesting idea to get the best of both worlds. I like the front end on the latest Z31s and and rear on the earlier Z31s.

I'll probably never do it and just get an 87-89 one day but it's interesting to look at something really different like this...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.