ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes i have a deffinite front end sag after i did a v-8 conversion does any one have experiance with this? i want to have maximum weight transfer in a launch situation but still maintain weight transfer in a corner. cost is a concern as this a low budget z.
thanx z-ya
the frank

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
> yes i have a deffinite front end sag after i
> did a v-8 conversion does any one have
> experiance with this? i want to have maximum
> weight transfer in a launch situation but
> still maintain weight transfer in a corner.
> cost is a concern as this a low budget z.
> thanx z-ya
> the frank

**What conversion kit did you use? And did you
do any mods to your suspension after the swap?
Naturally stiffer springs of the same height would
help and I have heard from some people that slotting the hole in the engine mount allows the engine to be slid backwards. By how much, I don't
know.
Owen

·
Registered
56 Posts
> Hey Frank,
I have the same question as Owen. Did you use a conversion manual/kit, or just go for it? The Jags That Run conversion manual has you set the engine back right at 3 1/2 and down 1. This necessitates use of a 6 3/4 (305) harmonic damper (or 6 3/4 Streetdamper) for steering rack clearance. This position improves fore/aft balance 1% to the rear, and the manual gives you patterns/templates for 1/2 shims between the subframe and cross member (and much more). This is the system I used (including all recommended mounts). When I first installed the engine I just went for it. Using the JTR system is a definite improvement. mikey

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.