ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Your paint shop put too much hardener in the paint and/or there wasn't a great prep job. Where the paint is flaking off the front bumper, it shouldn't do that. Big chunks of missing paint implies poor prep work or poor paint mixing.

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car came with that paint, I can tell it's not the highest quality paint job. I'm pretty pleased with the car, and might just have my friend re-paint the entire car with the Nissan charcoalish color that it is right now.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It looks like the color might be dark pewter metalic if it is an original Nissan color. If so, it is DuPont code L8393 and the Nissan code is 218 for year 1985. It would have a clear coat on top of the base coat.

It looks good!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Am I biased, or are Z31's simply purrty?

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got it probably 9 or 10 months ago or so. I paid $2000 for it. Clean interior, had a perfect exterior until the deer hit me. Had a cd player until someone stole it (was a crappy Aiwa that hardly worked half the time). All the electronics work, including the alarm, and Bitching Betty.

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Hybrid...wait till I put my turbo motor in and come lookin for ya >: ) lol jk

What kinda flywheel ponies you making now?

·
Registered
297 Posts
if you put a turbo in there, sleeper ++

i would love to see the look on some dudes face when you blast by him and he hears the spool

my 84 has a little hint on the side:

Post Edited (Nov 6, 1:19pm)

·
Registered
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm intending on purchasing an 87 turbo block and putting in new OE pistons and rings, everything pretty much stock. Then doing some headwork, porting and polishing, and that'd probably be enough. Then add a turbo and some power free-er uppers, like underdrive pullies, cam gears, Engloid or LP manifold, etc. If the stock bottom end only holds 400hp, that's plenty enough for me :)

The only thing I'm going to change is the ride height, the hubs so I can get 87 turbo brakes, and 5 lug rims, and the trim so it'll be black, I don't like the chrome.

·
Registered
297 Posts
yeah my black trim is peeling so i was considering just stripping it down to chrome, i agree though i think it's uglier. let me know what you use to paint it if you don't just replace it, i'd like to fix mine up a bit.

good luck on your project, sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.