ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys.. the 260z did something funny this morning. I went to start her up.. she heated up just fine.. then all of sudden I’m letting her warm and I noticing something.. its heating all the way up to the little red mark on the guage and then backing back down to halfway. Then it heats back up and repeats the cycle. It hasn’t affected how it runs but I don’t want it to warp the head or anything. The Factory Service Manual doesn’t mention it other than “Check the cooling system”. Only things that could be bad is that part, all others I’ve replaced, water pump, radiator, hoses, belts, the whole nine yards. I replaced the thermostat about a year ago and wonder if it could be going bad again. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
There is a good chance that nothing is happening, at least that is cooling related. I had this problem in another car of mine and I knew the engine was not overheating. Turns out it was an electrical problem. Do me a favor. Go out and run a ground wire from your engine to the chassis. Make sure you get a nice clean spot for the ground sites. If you have bad grounds the ground finds its way through the gauges. That's why they read so crazy. If that does not cure it, I'd go with a sticky thermostat. Hope this helps. Goof luck. John. JML 78Z

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool..

hadn't thought of that.. I'll have to go out when i go home.. i drive my other z but always run my z while i'm having my morning dew! :) hehe I'll try it tonight when i get home. Stephen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.