ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my front windshield leaks, STILL. I put a new windshield in like 3 weeks ago. When the guy was doing it, he found a fair bit of rust along the seal. He put some Urethane crap on it help the seal, but i guess it didnt work. The window leaks in the top right and drips on the front of the passenger seat. This is driving me nutty and I hope I dont have to put ANOTHER windshield in after i bust this one out, sand the **** out of the rust, spot weld it back, sand it down again, prime it, sand it, prime it again, sand it again, and then paint it, then put another freaking windshield in. Another reason this pisses me off is i just had my headliner redone, and i dont want to put it back in cause it will just ruin it. So I'm driving my car everywhere with the interior all crappy looking. *grumble* If anyone has had something like this happen please tell me what your experience was and how it turned out. Thanks.

·
Registered
782 Posts
My non turboz that I got a while back does the same thing it has a little rust around the windshield too. The best thing to do would be to take the window back out and repair the rust or it will continue to leak more and more, not unless you just wanna try some clear silicone around the leaky area?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.