ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

fpr

380 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  89Red300zx 
#1 ·
hey could anyone tell me what i need to do to replace the fuel pressure regulator. i seemed to have misplaced my haynes manual.

#6 ·
i recently replaced my FPR cause that stupid tab (the connector for the fuel temperature sensor) broke off and my car was acting all schizo. its really quite a simple procedure.

1. get about 1.5 feet of hi pressure fuel line and 6 small hose clamps.

2. take a knife and cut the small sections of fuel line between the FPR and the injector rails. be careful not to put a scar into the metal lines cause it can cause fuel seepage. also cut the fuel line coming out the bottom of the FPR.

3. there are two 10mm bolts holding the FPR to the intake manifold underneath the FPR. one of them was extremely difficult to get to for me, so just a warning.

4. cut two small 2.5 - 3" sections off the fuel line you bought and use hoseclamps to secure them to the new FPR. get rid of the sh*tty tension clips that came on it. at the same time, take your remaining fuel hose and attach it to the bottom outlet. it will be much more difficult to put on after the FPR is installed.

5. attach the small hoses to the fuel injector rail, bolt the FPR in place and then attach the other end of the hose to the metal fuel rail going back towards the tank. then just connect the little vaccuum line and the temperature sensor.

you may also do the fuel filter at the same time, just cause its easy to do and good for your car.

#8 ·
you don't have to but its a good idea. if you want to depressurize the system, turn your car on and let it idle. pull up the rear carpet and insulation until you get to the bare floorboards. you'll see a wire with a connector going to the gas tank area. just disconnect this, it will kill the fuel pump. the car will idle for a few more seconds and then die. if you don't do this, nothing bad will happen but you'll end up spilling a little more gas than if you didn't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.