ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found an 82 maxima deisel crank and 2 sets of 240z rods one 71 and one 73 differ #s on the rod(witch ones work?) I am wondering what else I need to instal and make the 3.1 liter motor I also found a 240z with a fourbarrel manifold on it with a quadra puke Would this work good on a 3.1 set up with a carter and nos?:) the crank and rod combo is only 75 bucks and the intake 50
I would like to know about the pitons I need and the compression ratios thanks jp

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
There is a GREAT link to a page done origionally by Jim Wolf Technology on the Z Car Club of Texas page. It details all of the different "usual" combinations of pistons (including part numbers), rods, cranks, etc and what CR's they produce.

I am currently doing a similar build, in fact both my crank and my head arrived yesterday. My intake should be here today.

I'm going to be running an E-88 with the flattop pistons and all.. Should give a CR somewhere in the tens. That spreadsheet says somewhere around 11.43:1.

Keep us informed on how your project is going. I've got to find a donor engine block now. I'm not going to build off my old engine at all.

Brett
'77Z

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.