ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some new ES bushings (1-piece design) over a year ago and seemed to have lost them. Well recently I came across them and after reading aparently the one piece bushings can cause problems. Any thoughts on these? Also easy to press in using a standard shop vice?

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the problems I read about was that they were crackign some other suspension component. The new ES tension rod bushings are now a 3 piece design. I will try to find the info.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a link to the info regarding the one piece design supposedly cracking the lower control arm

<http://www.twinturbo.net/net/viewmsg.aspx?forum=general&msg_id=1376685>

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, can I just lube them up with the included oil and press them in using a vice? I was thinking of using a board to create a flat surface than just crank them in. I believe there was a psot in the past showing this method

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I'm pretty sure I read that the breaking of other suspension components was from people over-torquing the t-rods into place.

88-108 ft lbs on the bushing end

108-127 ft lbs on the two nuts on the other end

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
From the tech write up on tt.net:

9. For OEM tension rods: Put new OEM tension rods in with the white paint dot toward the ground (10.). Torque pivot bolts to 80-100 ft-lbs.

10. Reinstall the tension rod brackets. Torque front tension rod bracket bolts to 80-94 ft-lbs. & front sway bar bushing retainer bolts to 29-36 ft-lbs.

11. Pull the front wheels forward to engage the studs into the lower control arm . Then torque the nuts on the studs (11.) to 80-94 ft-lbs for all but convertable, which requires 69-83 ft-lbs. torque.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.