ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friends hookin me up with a T3 turbo for 100 bucks. it sounds too good to be true but i really trust this dude and he knows wut he's doin. i'll probably end up spending about 6 to 8 hundred bucks to get it workin right

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
after the turbo, i still need intercooler, pipe, manifold, blow off valve, and boost controler. if you know where to find all that for less than 600 bucks let me know please

·
Registered
95 Posts
hmm, and u need computer, and fuel injectors and alot of other stuff, well thats assuming u want it to run right, but by all means do it half assed and run lean as **** melt a cpl pistons then come cryin for help as we laugh at ur mistake.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i wanna get everything right the first time through so i dont have to go through and spend twice as much cuz i did somethin wrong. i want a good reliable, fast car thats not a money hole

·
Registered
782 Posts
Are you converting a non turbo or what?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
"i want a good reliable, fast car thats not a money hole"

Not gonna happen ;) Begin at the beginning. Is your car a non-turbo? Is the turbo from a z31? You see where I'm going with this?
I don't spend much time here anymore so you may have described your car in a previous post so bear with me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
What else should someone do if you convert a non turbo to turbo. I have a friend that suggested putting a turbo in my car for cheap, but like th2thmansZ, i don't want to put a turbo in, then have it all **** up. This friend also said he has a chevy V8 from a malibu the he could throw under my hood. He claims it fits right in, but is there things i should watch out for if i do that? Sorry, i shoud have started a new topic.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
It doesn't fit right in - he doesn't know what he's takling about.

Before anyone dives into turbo/engine swaps you should do your research. Use the search function. The swap has been explained in great detail as well as having links and much more.

This link will give you a general idea of the documented procedure supposing you are doing it "the easy way."

http://tboz.no-ip.com:10000/

·
Registered
95 Posts
for the v8, ud have to make custom engine mounts, custom tranny mount, custom cross member, and custom drive shaft. guess what that word custom translates into mucho dinero, unless u can do it urself. tell ur buddy to just keep his malibu engine.

·
Registered
657 Posts
dont forget about half shafts, headers, and modding your hood..... and the possibility of modifying the steering to clear the headers....... the fact that youre adding atleast 100lbs to the front of a sports car........ oh and then you have to set up some guages too........

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
by money hole, i meant spending more than i plan to, i want to convert a not turbo, the turbo is not from a z31 but i know fabricators to make me the manifolds and i know people for just about everything else. i want to collect all of the parts first, than make the conversion so i'll still have a running car. so i probably wont start all of this till the fall. but thanx for your thoughts and opinions

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.